osCommerce has attracted a large growing e-commerce community that consists of over 204,900 store owners and developers who support each other and extend osCommerce Online Merchant with add-ons being contributed on a daily basis. To date there are over 5,300 add-ons that are available for free to customize osCommerce Online Merchant online stores and to help increase sales.
New to Shopping Cart? Learn more about osCommerce, then sign up for a web hosting account from Arvixe and get going in minutes. osCommerce not for you? We have many more Shopping Cart solutions: Shopping Cart hosting
Here are some reasons why osCommerce Web Hosting is for you -
Beyond the basic functionality, osCommerce is able to be augmented, via either community-supplied add-ons or custom code, meaning that it can be customized to meet the specific needs of any business.
Here is a list of key features of osCommerce:
* Compatible with PHP 4 and MySQL - easily portable to version 5.
* Compatible with all major browsers.
* Multi-lingual English, German and Spanish by default.
* Automatic web-based installation.
* Unlimited number of products and categories.
* Automatic setup of e-commerce payment systems: Authorize.net, 2Checkout.com, iPayment.de, PayPal.com, PsiGate.com, SECPay.com, and TrustCommerce.com; Many other add-on ecommerce payment systems, off-line (manual) credit card payments) and on-line payment processing.
* Multi-currency support via manual update from exchange rate server.
* Support for dynamic images (one image per product).
* Supports physical products as well as product downloads.
* Web-based administration module.
* Database backup and restore.
* Temporary and permanent shopping carts.
* Secure transactions with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) support.
* Many shipping options including by weight, price, or destination.
* Real-time shipping quote integration with UPS, USPS.
* Zone-based shipping options as well as a free shipping option as part of Order Totals Module.
* Full tax functionality, included compounded taxes, different zones for different products.