Textpattern is a flexible, elegant and easy-to-use content management system. It is both free and open source. Textpattern is a web application designed to overcome hurdles to publishing online, and to simplify the production of well-structured, standards-compliant web pages.
New to Blog? Learn more about Textpattern, then sign up for a web hosting account from Arvixe and get going in minutes.
Textpattern not for you? We have many more Blog solutions: Blog hosting
Here are some reasons why Textpattern Web Hosting is for you -
Textpattern offers a number of features and conveniences to users, site administrators and developers, including:
- Ease of publishing using Textile, a text-to-HTML converter which permits users to publish content without learning HTML.
- Preview of both the final "look" of content and of its XHTML.
- Standards-compliant XHTML and CSS "out of the box", with all layout in the default setup handled via stylesheets.
- A tag-based template system which allows the creation of reusable blocks of content and code, referred to as "forms", and a built-in "tag builder" to automate their creation.
- A privilege-based user hierarchy, allowing for an organized structure of writers, editors and publishers to work easily in concert.
- A commenting system, including several measures to combat spam.
- Built-in site statistics, including referer tracking.
- Syndication of site content via RSS and Atom.
- A robust plugin architecture which allows the addition of features to any part of the system, including the administrative backend.
- A built-in CSS editor.
- An integrated link management system.
- An integrated image management system which allows the association of images with particular pieces of content.
- An integrated file management system which allows files to be offered for download.
- Separation of content from presentation with a concept of "sections" defined for presentation and "categories" for content organization.
- UTF-8 publishing and support for many languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Czech, Japanese, Estonian, Latvian, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, Portuguese, Catalan, Polish, Slovenian, Indonesian, Swedish, Icelandic, Russian and Greek (including support for polytonic).
- Unlike most other blogging software, Textpattern does not natively support Pingback or Trackback.