Change or Reset Control Panel Password
How to Change a Hosting Password
You can change your hosting control panel password if you have the current password.
You can also reset your billing account password.
- Log in to your cPanel (domain.com/cpanel, cpanel.domain.com, or servername.com:2083).
- Navigate to the PREFERENCES section and click on Password & Security.
- Provide the following:
- Old Password: Type the current password in this field.
- New Password: Type a new secure password in this field.
- New Password (Again): Type the same new password in this field.
- Enable Digest Authentication: Leave this checkbox unchecked.
- Click on the Change your password now! button.
- Log in to your WebsitePanel (cp.domain.com or http://serverip).
- Click the Change Password link located on the right-hand side.
- Enter a new strong password twice in the fields provided.
- Click the Change Password button.
- Log in to your Plesk Control Panel (domain.com:8443 or servername:8443).
- Click on the dropdown menu labeled Logged in as Your Name, located in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Enter a new strong password in the password fields provided.
- Click OK or Apply to update your password.
VPS and Dedicated server hosting: If you do not know the root password, you will need to contact the Arvixe support team to have this reset. This root password will allow you access to Web Hosting Manager (WHM) and secure shell (SSH) for Linux plans or WebSitePanel (WSP) and Remote Desktop (RDP) for Windows ASP plans. From there, you will have access to reset individual control panel passwords and other passwords.
How to reset a billing password
You can change your billing panel password if you have the current password.
- Log in to you billing account.
- Click on the dropdown menu labeled Hello, Your Name!.
- Click on Change Password.
- Provide the following:
- Existing Password: Type the current password in this field.
- New Password: Type your new password in this field.
- Confirm New Password: Re-type your new password in this field.
- Click Save Changes to save the new billing password.
You can reset your own billing panel password via the Arvixe website.
- Visit billing account login page.
- Click the Forgot password? link located below the LOG IN! button.
- Type your Arvixe billing email address in the field provided (This is initially the email address you chose during signup).
- Click Submit to send the password reset link.