Plesk Control Panel
You're provided one Plesk control panel with the purchase of a new Windows Shared package. Customers use this panel to add and manage domains, website content, mail accounts, and more. Arvixe customers with newly purchased Windows Shared packages will utilize this panel exclusively.
This article will show you how to log into Plesk and give an overview of the functions available from within your control panel:
Accessing Your Plesk Control Panel
The Plesk Control Panel uses ports 8443 (secure) and 8880 (non-secure / not recommended) for access. The login URL, username, and password are all contained in your Welcome Email.
If you have pointed your domain to your server, you may use your domain name plus one of these ports to access your Windows Shared account's control panel directly. You may also use your IP address plus the port for access.
Example: If the domain "example.org" is pointed to your Arvixe Windows Shared server and it uses the IP address 18.104.22.168. You could use these URLs to access your control panel:
Plesk Control Panel Functions
The Control Panel provides useful hosting management features via tabs along the left side of your screen for common operations (view the attachment at the bottom of the page for a screenshot example):
- Websites & Domains: Allows management of domain functions (forwarding, aliases) and DNS. Also gives tools for creating, modifying, and deleting websites, setting up hosting features, etc.
- Mail: Used for creating, modifying, and deleting e-mail addresses and mailing lists.
- Applications: Provides access to functionality for installing, configuring, and removing web applications.
- Files: Opens the File Manager for creation, editing, and management of files and folders.
- Databases: Provides access to create MySQL and MS SQL databases, as well as a web editor to manage MySQL databases.
- Statistics: Gives reports on disk space and traffic usage.
- Users: Provides functionality for creating, modifying, and deleting user accounts and user roles.
- Account: Provides information about your subscription. Also contains tools for managing the account profile (password, contact information, etc.) and for backing up the account and/or websites.
The top area of the panel provides the following links.
- Your Name (Click this to review and update your contact information.)
- Log out